Sunday, January 24, 2021

Passion and Creativity

"The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling." ~Fabienne Fredrickson

I am taking two online classes this year. One is a watercolor class, the other a rug hooking course.  Every now and then I like to try something new not knowing where it will take me. It is also a lesson in humility because I am a beginner in these art forms and the teachers are experts.  Still I think it is fun.  

I did purchase a small set of watercolors that was recommended (a reminder that I am trying to break the habit of always 'making do'). And I have a friend who handed me all the basic supplies for hooking when she heard I had signed up for that class. I will post a few images as the classes get underway. 

January also seems like a good time to think about what inspires you. What are you passionate about? What things do you like to do? Are there things you loved as a child that you no longer do?  Spending a bit of this pandemic time, contemplating these questions may help us all feel better.

This is a turtle I just finished (my design hooked using traditional techniques on burlap). It is destined to be a footstool cover. 

Thank you for reading. 

~Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...