Saturday, January 9, 2021

A New Year - Week One

Happy New Year.  Who knows what is ahead in 2021?  I hope it is a joyful year for all of us.

I have decided to retire from my day job this year. The decision is partially based on the pandemic, but also on the clear realization that I have one short beautiful life to live, and I have many things that I wish to do that are impossible to do working Monday through Friday. 

This year I intend to share my creative adventures with you more regularly with photos, text and hopefully some videos.

I want to indulge myself with good books and art this year.  

I want to support and encourage you on your creative adventure.

And I want to share with you each week. 

I am reading The Louvre by James Gardner. It was a present and I was a bit intimidated by the thick volume, but I am enjoying it immensely.  The author takes the reader on a grand adventure from its earliest days as a fortress until current time. If you have been to Paris (or want to go) I think it is must read. 




I am also becoming a hooker. This may come as no surprise to some of you.  This is an image of my first attempt. I used Monk's cloth as a base, a punch needle hook (more on that later) and wool yarn that was leftover from other projects. 



I also want to pass along a Call For Art for ARTRAGEROUS!35 June 18, 2021 - the Montserrat College for Art Annual Art Auction - here is the link:https://www.montserrat.edu/auction/call-for-art35/
I submitted two artworks for consideration with sale proceeds to be donated to Montserrat. There is also a 50:50 option (donation:artist).

The deadline is January 31, 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...