Friday, April 24, 2020

Isolation Days

Each morning as I awake I give thanks for the day.

I drink a glass of water and get out of bed.   Matilda, the cat, is always ready for her breakfast, so I feed her, then check for any overnight text messages on the phone and have my coffee.

I have a day job, but I am on a reduced schedule for a bit. It is on odd time. I feel that a regular routine helps me stay focused.

Most days I eat a granola-type cereal or nuts, dates and berry combination that I assemble myself.

I limit the amount of news I listen to. More than once a day can cause me to have anxiety.

I try to get regular exercise each day, by walking or doing yoga.

Matilda thinks she might also keep a journal one day.
I keep a written journal and I make art each day.

The largest project I am tackling this month is sorting my mother's personal papers and photos.  In the 1940's she taught physical education at the University of Akron. She saved everything from the list of academic course offerings to Goodyear Rubber Company memorabilia.

Last week I contacted the archives department at UAkron to ask if they were interested in a donation, and to my delight they said yes!  I am thrilled because these items need a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...