Sunday, September 22, 2019

Grateful and Honored - excerpts from Under Glass by Mary Lachman

I am pleased by the response of friends and new acquaintances to Under Glass. 

Although these poems were deeply personal when I wrote them,  I felt the need to share them with others. I thought that by releasing them to the world I might help someone else on their journey. 

Over the next few weeks I will share a few of the poems from Under Glass. I hope they will resonate with you and the Universe. 


"Tail Between My Legs"

I feel like an old dog
after a long winter standing outside
where I grew a coat of thick, lush hair
to shield my rump from the icy wind and shown.
But now it is spring.
The sun is warm.
I pull the brush across my back and
collect a soft carpet of hair 
falling around my paws.





Order your copy of Under Glass at Finishing Line Press https://www.finishinglinepress.com/product/under-glass-by-mary-f-lachman/

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered your book Mary. I had no idea! I don't know if you remember, but my wife was diagnosed with Breast cancer going on 9 years ago. I got them to give me a set of unstained slides, so you could confirm the diagnosis for me, and you were kind enough to do so. I have always been grateful for that...to have someone I trusted and respected confirm what we were dealing with. Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer. Except for a 9 month stint in the beginning, she has been on chemo after chemo with new and crazy side effects with each one, some permanent some not. I'm so sorry that you are going through all this as well, because unlike most, I know the daily struggles no one sees, I know what it's like to have people dismiss or diminish her suffering because she "looks great"....because she hides her pain in public....etc...you know the rest 1st hand. i love and respect you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...