Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Happy New Year

Here we are in 2020. Who knew it would come so quickly when we were back in October!

In January of each new year I find a word the indicates what I would like to embrace for the coming months. This year my word is CONNECTION. I want to connect with friends who are on the same wavelength for fun and food.

Back in the studio at home I am finishing some projects including:

The binding is on the hexagon quilt I laid out in the Kaffe Fassett/Brandon Mambly class in October in Colchester.
Here it is at the end of the workshop, the turquoise blue will be the inner border and the spiral reds the outer border. 

I assembled a sampler of sorts from some orphan blocks. I think the binding and the black accents really kick this piece up a notch.
Over the balcony as viewed from below.

What would you like to learn or do in 2020? Do you pick a word to inspire you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...