Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Weekend in Vermont - Part 1

Last Saturday I had the good luck to drive with a friend to Vermont to visit one of her friends. I had never stayed overnight at someone's house that I did not know so I was slightly anxious about it all.

On the way there we stopped in Northampton, Massachusetts at the Woodstar Cafe. I just love the Ginger Chai Latte they make. And then it was an hour more north on Route 91 to the town of Newfane.  Driving through Brattleboro on Cedar Street we saw a chicken rock, a pig rock and a toad rock. These were wonderfully large mosaics that encompassed grand rocks in a front yard but were cleverly arranged to resemble creatures. What serendipity!
Frog Rock in Brattleboro
Live a simple creative life-
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...