Saturday, August 29, 2015

Penny Rug Coasters by Mary Lachman - Quilting Arts Holiday




Run to your favorite book retailer to find the new issue of  Quilting Arts Holiday 

On page 35 you will find my pattern for Penny Rug Coasters. I developed this idea when I was asked to teach a workshop at a local art center. I wanted participants to use recycled/upcycled wool to create a make-and-take in the afternoon workshop.

These coasters are a simple design that you can stitch up easily in a spare hour. Just gather some cast off wool (I used clothing scraps that had been felted/shrunken using hot water in the washing machine), scissors and embroidery floss and get started. Use my pattern as is, or use it as a reference and create your own design.

You can order a copy online through Quilting Arts at the Interweave Store or at your favorite book retailer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...