Thursday, February 5, 2015

Experimenting with Cardboard and Paint

Every notice how you can have something lying around for years (yes) and never try it, but then one day you feel you have permission and you can give it a whirl?

What is my inspiration? Why Julie Booth's new book, Fabric Printing at Home (Quarry Books, 2015). 

So it is with me and fabric paint. I have a jar that is so old it is dried up...almost...I added water and mixed it up. I used it to ink a roll made from corrugated cardboard and then I rolled the cardboard over some fabric. 


Cardboard roll and paint 

The result of the first rolls in one direction on previously hand-dyed cotton

Result of second multi-directional rolls

1 comment:

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...