Saturday, February 3, 2018

Good day friends.

But first, a bit about the weather. This is the view out my window.

The beautiful thing about it is I didnot go in to work today. The 53 mile drive on the parkway is simply dangerous. And although I might have done it 10 years ago, times have changed and so have I. Now I don't take as many risks as I once did. The weatherman said 6-9 inches of snow with 40-50 mph winds and I decided to stay home.

This morning I did a little upgrading of my website MaryLachman.com and this blog. Check it out and tell me what you think. I am always trying to make it easier to read.

Now let me tell you about my knitting.  I am rediscovering my mojo after several months wearing a wrist brace for tendonitis. This is not what one wants when one enjoys knitting as much as I do. The experience made me wonder how would I be creative if I couldn't use of my hand

.

I finished a simple triangular scarf. One skein of a mohair blend on a U.S. size 9 needle using garter stitch.
It is started with a simple cast on of 3 stitches, then turn.
Row 1: Knit 1, yo, Knit 1, yo, Knit 1.
Row 2: Knit 1, yo, Knit 1.
Row 3: Knit 1, yo, Knit 3, yo, Knit 1.
Rows that Follow: Continue this pattern for as long as you wish or until you have just enough yarn left to bind off. My scarf is 12" deep and 42" long.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...