Saturday, January 6, 2018

How to Enjoy a Blizzard

Happy New Year Friends!

To start the New Year off, first a bit about the weather. This is the view out my window.

The beautiful thing about it is I didnot go in to work today. The 53 mile drive on the parkway is simply dangerous. And although I might have done it 10 years ago, times have changed and so have I. Now I don't take as many risks as I once did. The weatherman said 6-9 inches of snow with 40-50 mph winds and I decided to stay home.

This morning I did a little upgrading of my website MaryLachman.com and this blog. Check it out and tell me what you think. I am always trying to make it easier to read.

Now let me tell you about my knitting.  I am rediscovering my mojo after several months wearing a wrist brace for tendonitis. This is not what one wants when one enjoys knitting as much as I do. The experience made me wonder how would I be creative if I couldn't use of my hands. I will share my projects with you later this weekend.

I spent the day reading the rest of Wolf Kahn's "America", an artist's impressions of the landscape, making chili, and packing off the Shirtail quilt to my longarm quilter in Maine.

In the end we had 14" of snow and a big drift at the garage door. Many thanks go out to my dear husband for snowblowing so I could go to work Friday!

And now on to the weekend!

Mary







No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...