Thursday, January 21, 2016

Creative in the Kitchen

During the week my DH makes dinner. (Yes I do realize how fortunate I am!)

But if we make plans with friends on the weekend I do the shopping and cooking. Last Saturday was such a day.

And since it is said that the only thing guests remember about a meal is the dessert, I decided to try something new with ingredients I had on hand.

This is the Apple Cake I made using a recipe from The New York Times (link below). I did not have apple brandy, but since only a 1/4 tsp was needed, I substituted rum flavoring.



Here is a link to the recipe:      Babette Friedman's Apple Cake 

You can also sign up for a free New York Times Recipe app and save your favorite recipes to your mobile device!

I hope you try it!

Live a Splendid Creative Life
~Mary

Follow me on Facebook:    Mary Lachman Design and Moth at the Window

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...