Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mini Mittens


This morning I was knitting mini mittens. I am using the pattern "Argyle Mitten Garland" I found in a book from the library: 50 Knitted Gifts for Year-Round Giving: Designs for every season and occasion featuring universal yarn deluxe worsted.

I am using a dk weight wool and size 7 double points.  So far I have only completed these 3, but I think it would be fun to add more color and different designs. 

I have not taken too many liberties with the pattern yet, but I am finding I want to. Eventually I will crochet a chain to connect one mitten to the next for a cheery winter decoration for the door or tree. Of course they could be adapted into functional mittens for a child or used to decorate presents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Magic

In her book Big Magic , Elizabeth Gilbert (who is best known as the author of Eat, Pray, Love ) writes "I believe the creative process ...